Saturday 2 February 2013

Gen Y entrepreneur

By Fakhriah Halim

Mohd Firdous Bin Kamarul Jaman is an ambitious young man who started his career in business when he was 15 years old.

He has learnt the road to success through his experience with people, travelling, knowledge and through a lot of bumps on the road.

This 22-year-old, successful entrepreneur has inspired young adults especially the next generation, to aim high for success and never give up.

Managing ‘Kursus Borong Cina’ (KBC) since year 2008 and has become the youngest partner in this family firm of Anzac Consultancy, he has indeed made it.

When he first started working for Anzac Consultancy, his brother let him run the KBC program on his own. 

He grabbed the opportunity, taking it as a challenge.


Firdous featured in Metro, 2010

“It all started when my brother, Jalil and I went to China and I thought we were just going for holiday but instead he brought me all around and showed me places to get products to sell in Malaysia.

“KBC is a program to help Malaysians start their own business utilizing products from China.”

With an active business-oriented mind, Firdous also came up with his own shoe brand called Thefta.


Firdous and his Thefta Five Fingers featured in a magazine

Three years ago, before he made his own brand of shoes, the young business man did not have any academic qualification.

Since Anzac Consultancy was a family firm that he ran with his big brother, Shahbudin Jalil, they worked hard together to expand the company, raking in big profits and expanding their network.

Although it may seem that money is his priority, Firdous’drive that led him to success is his family.

“Being the youngest out of five siblings has taught me so many things about people’s character, about the important aspects about life such as respecting, helping and valuing other people,” said Firdous.

“Therefore I do all I can to ensure my family is living comfortably and getting the best in everything since I am now where I am because of them,” he added with much gratitude.

Calm as the sea, bright and joyful as the day in the sun, and as matured as a ripened fruit, Firdous handles himself quite endearingly.


ZOOM interviewed Mohd Firdous bin Kamarul Jaman

This young entrepreneur is is able to generate unique, interesting and big ideas.

He even manages to execute those big ideas and make them a reality.

“When you learn to talk the talk and walk the walk, you learn not to talk such big games with no win”, he said.

Although he did not have any qualifications or knowledge when he first started, he continues to value education.

He is currently pursuing a business degree in University Islam Malaysia (UIA).

“I didn’t get to continue my studies after high school due to financial complications.

“Now that I can afford it, nothing is stopping me.

Although I learn business through experience and people, I find that it is safer to learn from books and theories as well because I am sure I there are still things I can learn,” said Firdous.

No comments:

Post a Comment